Saturday, August 7, 2010

Slick is Chic


Oil spills are the new black. In response of the recent and much publicized Oil Spill tragedy on the Gulf Coast, Steven Meisel photographed a gut-wrenching editorial spread for Vogue Italia's September issue. It is both beautiful and painful all at the same time. Aesthetically striking and thought provoking.

Here are some photos from the spread:






So to all the nay-sayers of fashion -- questioning, no, opposing its legitimacy and validity as an art form. Here's some tar to smudge all over your smug faces. Here's to constantly having to defend myself and my art. Fuck you bitches!

P.S. Sorry I got really heated. I mean, it is oil after all. No but in all seriousness, I do constantly have to defend myself and stand-up for fashion and its validity as an art form. A lot of people out there consider it as frivolous, arbitrary, even unnecessary. I think otherwise, and this is but only one of the reasons supporting my cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment