Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Left Me Speechless


WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN!!!??? I honestly don't know. I just saw the video three minutes ago and posting it now for everyone's viewing pleasure.


It's campy and gay (sorry for being redundant), with a bevy of POP references. The Alexander McQueen inspired cola hair rollers was just phenomenal. A suitable homage to the genius himself. So is "Making a Sandwich." The Cell Block Tango. Thelma and Louise. Kill Bill. The list just goes on and on.

I also love the fact that she "bastardizes" everything and advertises every chance she gets in her music video. I think it's part of her genius -- the kitsch, the "selling out," pop culture.

P.S. Told you she didn't have a dick. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I think I just sat there for a good 5 minutes after I saw the video with just my mouth open. It's a lot to digest. But I loved it. Plus, I think I forecast another "Routine By Ray" coming, non? Checkmate...

    ReplyDelete